Friday, May 10, 2013

My hopes and prayers for my son


This post is long overdue – about five months overdue. I have wanted to write this update for some time but it’s been difficult. First of all there hasn’t been much time in front of the computer. Most of my time is spent in front of the cutest baby boy -- my baby boy, my son. Even seeing those words on the screen brings tears to my eyes. We have a son!

It’s also been difficult to know what to share. My heart is completely overwhelmed when I look back on what the Lord has done over the last few months. There is so much I want to tell, so many details to share, but ultimately this is Jaxon’s story to tell when he’s ready, and I want to honor that.

This week I get to celebrate my first Mother’s Day – a day I have waited years to celebrate. As I thank God for His perfect timing and gift of my son, my mind is brought to Jaxon’s other mother – his birthmother. This woman loves my son every bit as much as I do. She loved him by choosing to give him life when this broken world offered her another alternative. She loved him when she chose to give him more in this life, more than she could offer. She loved him when she chose us to raise him and placed him in my arms. This woman loved Jaxon enough to build a relationship with us and allowed us to be a part of his life even before he was born. She cared for us enough to let us be with him in the hospital and build precious memories from the very beginning of his life.

My prayer is that Jaxon will grow to know and love his birthmother. That he will see the beauty in his birth and adoption story. I know the Lord planned for her to carry him just as He planned for us to raise him. He beautifully knit Jaxon in her womb and with same love, He knit our families together when she chose us to be his mom and dad. My hope is that Jaxon will know how deeply his birthmother loves him, how she sacrificed her body so he could be here and how she gave this mom the most beautiful gift.

Jaxon’s story so beautifully mirrors another relationship between another parent – a Heavenly Father. One who loves His children perfectly and so deeply that He sacrificed His son so that we could have life with Him. I pray that my son knows how deeply loved he is by his earthly parents but ultimately by his Heavenly Father and that the Lord would open his eyes and heart to a love so pure and perfect.

Jaxon Craig – you are such a blessing. Being your mama is a joy!

1 comment:

Courtney Hofmann said...

I love this post....so much! Can't wait to see you guys on Thursday and hear more about your story!